As I work my way through vast quantities of make-up products in a hunt for indispensables, it becomes more and more clear that brands have different signature aesthetics. So while Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and MAC may all make a stellar red lipstick, they also all want you to wear it differently.
This becomes especially apparent when you apply a full face of make-up using just one brand; a different feel emerges with varying longevity and effect through wear. My Face On is a series that’ll hopefully acquaint you with some brands I like and showcase their unique charms.
First up: Jane Iredale. Jane worked in the entertainment industry and realised that, while actresses and models needed to have clear skin for their jobs, many had skin issues as a result of wearing a lot make-up every day. In 1994, she set up Iredale Mineral Cosmetics to offer make-up with skin benefits to women. The result is a range of products that allow skin to breathe and function normally.
As I often use Iredale products when I will be wearing make-up for a long day to stop my sensitive skin from becoming blocked or inflamed, I decided to do this post in two parts – an Iredale look for the day and an Iredale update for a night out. Note how relatively few products are used to do a full face; Iredale’s wares are brilliant multi-taskers.
Daytime Iredale // This natural look was applied at 8am before a day of meetings.
Night-time Iredale // A hasty application of PureGloss Lipgloss updated this look for a dinner out.
Products used //
– Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage BB Cream SPF25 in BB3 and BB5 mixed, £39.95 each here.
– Jane Iredale Disappear Concealer with Green Tea Extract, £24 here.
– Jane Iredale Moonglow Golden Bronzer, £39.95 here.
– Jane Iredale Comfort In Touch Highlighter, £21 here.
– Jane Iredale 24-Carat Gold Dust Shimmer Powder in Gold, £12 here.
– Jane Iredale Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper, £19.95 here.
– Jane Iredale PureGloss Lip Gloss in Crabapple, £15.76 here.
– Jane Iredale Pure lash Length Mascara (not pictured), £14 here.