If I had a pound for every Black Friday e-mail that’s pinged into my inbox today… Well, I wouldn’t need any money off anything. I imagine you’re in a similar camp and have an inbox containing a glut of money-saving deals, so I won’t today tread that hackneyed ground on these pages. Instead, I’m going to offer up a giveaway (which I suppose is the most money-saving thing of all for whoever wins, but the subtle distinction is important to me!).
Today it’s all about Balance Me. The brand is British-made and is a great find for those who know what addle their skin as every single ingredient is listed on the packaging. This routine covers a few bases so you should be able to share the product love among your friends/family – here’s what’s in there and how I’d suggest using:
– Balance Me Flash Cleanse Micellar Water / Apply to cotton pad, wipe over face to remove make-up before cleansing. The dispenser is great on this one – like a nail polish remover bottle, you just push the pad on the top to release the fluid without any spills or wastage.
– Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm / Massage onto a dry face – ideally, you’d make time to work this into your skin so that the little oat kernels had an opportunity to remove dead skin, though you could complete this step in a minute if need be. Remove with a flannel soaked in warm (not hot!) water.
– Balance Me Anti-Ageing Face Serum / This is a fairly oily serum so you only need a dash. If you’re oily, try using this to see if it regulates your own oil production (it may well halt the overproduction), though if you notice congestion occurring after a few days stop using. If you’re dry, slap it on, massaging it in – though I’d recommend applying a hyaluronic-rich serum first to combat dehydration.
– Balance Me Moisture Rich Face Cream & Balance Me Radiance Face Oil / Which of these you use – and how – is entirely up to you. As a rule, SPF should follow in the morning, and I think both should go on after serum (though some like oil to be applied directly to freshly-cleansed face – there is nothing wrong with doing that), and I sometimes mix a little oil into moisturiser or vice versa. Have a play. See what works for you.
– Balance Me Instant Lift Pore Minimiser / I’m wary of anything claiming to ‘minimise’ pores and wouldn’t have included this were it not for it’s priming chops. Try it post-serum pre-party to give your skin a little extra oomph.
– Balance Me Congested Skin Serum / Clever because it’s non-drying, this contains a host of antibacterial oils and calming ingredients to bring down inflammation, though I’d have a peep at the ingredients list if you’re sensitive and essential oils make you flare up.
– Balance Me Radiance Face Mask / Containing kaolin clay, a touch of walnut shell powder and a whammy of lovely plant-based oils, this is a sort of all-in-one, whack it on when your skin’s feeling stressed mask. Again: essential oils here so tread carefully.
THE GIVEAWAY //
To enter to win all eight products:
1) Subscribe to MadeleineLoves.com by entering your e-mail address in the field at the top on the right hand side where it says ‘subscribe.’ If you’ve already subscribed, head to number 2…
2) Pop your name/tell me if you’ve bought anything amazing in the Black Friday sales so I can live vicariously in the comments field.
Easy peasy! Winners will be picked on the 5th of December at 12pm GMT and notified on the e-mail account left when commenting (this won’t show up).