It is almost impossible for Rebecca Reid to talk about anything without being completely compelling and extremely candid. Ask her about going from a Catholic boarding school to a polyamorous relationship in the space of a year, and she’ll tell you precisely you how it happened and how it felt. Talk to her about the obsession with being a Victorian that lead her to rag her hair and go to school on a dressing up day as Millicent Fawcett, and she’ll also divulge how it affected her at home and in the playground.
Her experience of the woman looking back at her in the mirror is complex, as it is for everybody, but Rebecca has a way of looking through the looking glass with disarming honesty and extraordinary perceptiveness, and she does so on the episode on a range of topics including her developing breasts and developing unwanted and inappropriate admirers in her early teens, her dream (eventually realised) of being a blonde, how her weight has influenced her self-esteem.
She also reflects on some of the times her appearance and perception of it has impacted her work as a writer, journalist and commentator on platforms including the Telegraph, Grazia, This Morning and and Good Morning Britain.
Products Rebecca mentions include:
– Lancome Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss
– Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser
– GHD Hair Straightener
– St Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse
– Calvin Klein CK One
– Tommy Girl Cologne Eau de Toilette
– Jennifer Lopez Glow Eau de Toilette
– Givenchy Very Irresistible Eau de Toilette
– Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette
– Tocca Eau de Touch
– Dolce Gabbana L’Imperatrice no 21
– Cartier De Lune
– Dolce & Gabbana Sunset in Salina
– Penhaligon’s Juniper Sling
– Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum