When Meg Mathews found herself unable to leave her house due to anxiety, she had no idea that the root cause might be the menopause. Once she realised that the anxiety-related agoraphobia she was suffering from was one of the many menopause symptoms that she’d never heard about, she decided to take action.
Today, she’s one of the more outspoken voices on the impact of the menopause, campaigning for awareness of how it can affect a woman and striving to arm them with information as to how to combat the more negative elements.
She talks about her experience of the menopause and offers tips in this episode, as well as talking us though her life story, including growing up in South Africa during the Apartheid, enjoying London’s punk scene, working as a music manager, and, of course, being part of that hugely famous Primrose Hill set, and how she found her experience at the Lanserhof to be hugely positive in fostering a good self-care routine.
Here are the products Meg mentions and some shots of her stash:
– Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
– Shannon at Nicola Clarke at John Frieda
– Lion Mane Mushrooms 4 Life
– Susanne Kaufmann Body Lotion
– Lumie Vitamin L Slim SAD Light
– Rhythm Health Organic Coconut Kefir
– Udo’s Choice Super 8 Gold
– KIKI Health Nature’s Living Superfood Organic Blend
– Viridian Magnesium
– The M Blend CBD Oil
– Bamford Pillow Spray
– Aveda Chakra Spray
– Kat Burki Goji Essence
– Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten
– Nars Multiple in South Beach
– Salt of the Earth deodorant
– Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady