Click here to listen to the Dani Rowe episode of Beauty Full Lives.
When road and track cyclist Dani Rowe and I first met, I was really struck by her candid nature and fascinated by her anecdotes about her extraordinary career as a thrice world champion and Olympic gold medallist, so felt she’d be a perfect fit for the show.
Happily, she agreed to come on and in this episode talks openly about everything from meeting the Queen (the rules: no selfies, no questions), how she geared herself up to cycle in the Olympics (music played a role), the pay gap between men and women in cycling, and how working hard played a much bigger role in her success than native talent.
Products, and places, mentioned:
– Clinique Moisture Surge Sheertint Hydrator
– Clinique Super City Block SPF 40
– Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation
– Lucas Papaw
– Professor Steve Peters, The Chimp Paradox
– Bobbi Brown Smokey Eyes Mascara
– Blink Brow Bar
– BBB London Clear Brow Gloss
– Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Ecstasy
– Urban Decay Naked palettes
– Bobbi Brown skincare
– Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
– Jo Malone Poppy and Barley
– MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
Beauty Full Lives is hosted by Madeleine Spencer, produced by Charlie Jones, and with artwork by Sung Lee.